CHECKLIST FOR COUPLES
• Decide you want a Humanist wedding, and are willing to join the HSS
• Get information from celebrant
• Check celebrant has your date free and can access your venue. Agree the fee and payment of any travel costs
• Secure your date, pay £85 deposit and membership of the HSS
• Meet celebrant
• Do homework and send to celebrant
• 90 days before and not sooner contact Registrar, fill in forms etc.
• Your celebrant will send you a first draft for you to update and amend.
• Agree changes. Finalise script
• Collect Marriage Schedule from Registrar
• Pay Celebrant the balance of the fee
• Turn up to ceremony with rings etc and Marriage Schedule, which must be given to Celebrant before the ceremony
• Pay any travel expenses due to Celebrant
• Enjoy getting married
• Return signed Schedule to Registrar
• Live happily ever after.